Wednesday 3 June 2015

Kleister from Skuld Releases is no more...


I have just learnt that Kleister, founder of the highly-respected German anarchopunk label Skuld Releases passed away.

In this type of situation, it is always difficult to find appropriate words, and although I had never met him, Skuld Releases has been a life-changing label for me (as several posts on Terminal Sound Nuisance can show). For what it's worth, I offer my sincere condolences to his family and his friends (I have a special thought for Stevie from Ruin Nation).

When I started buying crust and anarcho records in 2001 and I didn't really know anything apart from the odd Crass or Subhumans mixtapes, I would always trust Skuld Releases records on distros, even when I didn't have a clue about the bands. It would be too long to list all the fantastic bands that I got to know thanks to Skuld records, bands like Extinction of Mankind, Misery, Bad Influence, Contropotere, The System, Aus-Rotten, Counterblast...

I know there are all just records, it is all just music in the end and there are more important things. But still, it was all life-changing to me, for the better, and I am sure that there are many people that feel the same.

This is a sad day.

Rest In Punk  

No comments:

Post a Comment